Update by user Mar 19, 2016

Update 3/19/2016: Received letter back from owner and he stated that no wages are due.Oh really?

I beg to differ on that finding. I am owed 196.22 minus the proper deductions. I submitted the proof and documentation to SD Wage and Hour. SD Wage and Hour said statute of limitations ran out and that the matter is closed.

Oh really? I beg to differ on that finding as well. The statute of limitations for service theft is 7 years in South Dakota according to S. D.

Codified laws subsection 23A-42-2. Comfort-Inn I-90 is in violation of SD 22-30A-8 regarding obtaining property or service without paying is guilty of theft if that person intentionally obtains property or service which that person knows is available for compensation, by deception, threat, or other means to avoid payment for service or property. In that regard this falls under Petty Theft in the second degree as theft of property or services valued at 400.00 or less. In South Dakota, this is a Class II misdemeanor under SD 22-30A-17.3.

The penalty is 30 days in county jail and 500.00 fine or both. In addition, a person convicted of petty theft in the 2nd degree must pay restitution to the deprived party of the theft for any losses related to theft.

This falls under South Dakota 22-6-2.This complaint will continue to post until resolved in its full entirety.

Update by user Feb 27, 2016

UPDATE 2/26/2016: Received names of previous owners to contact regarding wage theft and other violations. The current owner of Black Forrest Inn has been cooperative in this matter and receives a 10 star rating at this juncture.

Original review posted by user Feb 25, 2016

During the months of 6/2011 and August of 8/2011, I worked for this *** outfit.I did my job accordingly and went above and beyond expectation.

I was getting paid on time every time for services rendered on behalf. I was shorted in pay in August 2011 and when I brought this up to the Manager, she did not want to listen. This is called wage theft and violations under Title VII regarding Employment and Reemployment Rights of Members of the Uniformed Services under sec. 701.

I can sue for 55,000 for the first offense to also include filing additional charges under SD LAW to include double the amount of wage theft that occurred. That includes filing a complaint with the EEOC as well. That also includes filing continuous claims under the ACTA and U. S.

C.. Bottom line: Don't ever work for this company because, they in fact endorse wage theft. They also don't like veterans as well. I intend on seeking additional measures to remedy this situation.

This information is true, accurate, and to the best of my knowledge with no intent to deceive the public at large. This information is protected under Title 107 and 108 under copyright and publishing laws.

Freedom of Speech is secured under the Declaration of Human Rights under International Humanitarian Law.All rights reserved world wide.

This reviewer shared experience about "wage theft" and wants this business to "150.00 is due for services rendered accordingly in 8/2011" as the author lost $150. Ms.Steamroller is overall dissatisfied with Comfort Inn. The most disappointing about comfort inn manager at Comfort Inn was wage theft, incompetent manager and failure to pay for services rendered Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Comfort Inn.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hotels and Resorts category for more informed decision or compare Comfort Inn to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Comfort Inn?

Comments